15 October 2012

God is in the dirt.

My time is a little short this week.

God is breathing. and raw. and lives especially in the ugly of our lives.

When we feel like we're just rolling around in the dirt, and deprived
of guidance--
we can realize that God is actually the dirt and it's making us
stronger and tough as ________.

I have a new boil on my leg and I'm trying to time when I'm going to
pop it so that it interferes the least with the work. Chances are my
foot will swell (swelling has already started actually) and I'm not
sure if I'll be able to walk around after it's out.

I also had a blessed opportunity to split up a fight this week. It was
between two cousins, one is a member and one wants to get baptized.
They were pulling hair and hitting each other. I was sitting next to
one of them on their couch when the other one just started going at
her. I practically laid myself on top of the girl on the couch and
yelled, "Huwag na!" a few times. (Stop!) and then "Ano ba yan. Huwag
na." (What on earth! - Stop!) I felt like crying afterwards, but I
had nowhere to go and cry, so I didn't. God gave me an opportunity to
become acquainted with some of the more ugly sides of human nature.

Among those and many other unique, inexpressible challenges, I have
become certain of the reality of my Lord, Jesus Christ. It is true
that there is a price to be paid to understand certain things, as
often times when we aren't suffering, we don't tend to cling to
knowledge and light like we do when we are in obvious need. I have
felt a divine grace this past week, unlike any other. If that divine
grace hadn't been bestowed to me, I simply would not be able to
continue at this work.

I am starting to better understand 'unconditional love' and have a
long ways to go. God has been glorious to me and I am grateful.

I do love you all and thank you for your prayers and support.