08 October 2012

charity.

1 John 3:2- "We shall see him as He is."

Our branch in Pilar is on the verge of expansion, which is so
exciting. Pilar branch is a candidate for receive a new, larger
chapel. This building in Pilar is the tiniest chapel I've ever been
in, and we are working towards a goal of a more consistent attendance
in order to qualify for a new chapel. It is really exciting to be a
part of growth like this as the members here have been waiting a long
time for a better building. I love the people here. I am so grateful
for their kindness and support for the missionary work here.
Missionary work is dramatically more effective, when working closer
with members and involving them.

Yesterday I met a man who was one of the first photographers in
Bataan. He showed me his cameras and as we were talking about his old
film cameras (and I was playing with them), it was like time hadn't
passed. It didn't feel at all like a year had passed since I've even
touched my cameras. It was like the knowledge was still there and not
even rusty, like maybe it should be after a year of not seriously
doing any photography. It was a bit of a surreal moment for me. I was
thinking, "When was the last time that I touched a camera like this?"
Over 1 year now, but it doesn't feel like it. Matthew 10:39

We have about 4 potential baptisms this month. We are excited about
this. I'm definitely not the wangling type of missionary, and so we'll
have to see if they are adequately prepared and ready to accept that
kind of commitment. (Did you catch that, BB?)

I've accepted the nature of my companionship as being inconsistent. I
will accept the good moments as well as the difficult. I think before
I just dreaded thinking about whenever her mood would flip, and I
would have to deal with it. Now, I've decided a different approach of
more like, 'riding out the storm' and it is always peaceful after the
storm, right?

Moroni 7: 45-47- I hope I can attain this kind of charity.

Love-
Sister DV