04 June 2012

"...Nasa ulap ako."

That was the exact phrase that a member said last week, in regards to
the day of her baptism over 15 years ago. " As if I was in a cloud..."

As she said that, during the lesson, I was a little more than
surprised, especially after my email last week. It was a moment in
which I felt I was where I needed to be. wow.

I slurped up a fly that was in a bottle of soda, earlier this week.
only in the philippines. Last week, I ate goat intenstine, which I was
told, is 'great for my health.'

It started to rain. My insides were giggling at the thought of rain- a
break from the hot. It's also quieter-less busy- when there is rain.
One day, as we were walking from our apartment, I could literally see
the rain heading towards us from down the road. I felt like seeing if
I could try and outrun it, but then just decided on a moderately loud,
"Woooooooh!"
The smell of rain is so delightful as well.

During one lesson with a member ( an old man named 'Meleccio Danan')
he described his experience of being baptized. "It changed my life."
He told us stories about his life and how his sacrifices blessed him
later on in his life. I love the different kinds of effects that a
simple conversation can have on people. During the lesson, he told us
how he felt physically full of energy as we were all talking. He then
shook his arms in the air, like he wanted to exercise. And my reaction
was a little different, as I felt like crying from the overwhelming
feeling of joy.


Smiling at the thought of rain,

-Sister Vickers


John 16:33