11 June 2012

fast.past.


I'm reaching my halfway point in a couple of weeks. what? I am home in
less than 10 months.

Last week we had a terrifying experience in a jeepney. A man named
Frank, spoke english to us and proceeded to give us a lot of weird,
unasked for advice ( i.e. The 6 principles of successful living and
being wise.) He also graced us with a demonstration of the 'gift of
tongues' for us as he shouted some jibberish and then said, "I have no
idea what I just said!"
haha. Sister Mafi was speechless and I didn't really process the
entire event until afterwards... haha.

This week, we found several members who haven't been visited by
missionaries in years. We opened an area in Sto. Tomas, and I am
excited to work there. Because there hasn't been any missionaries
there for a while, people tended to gather around us whenever we asked
someone if they knew any of the people on our list. Filipinos are
super obvious about being curious. There is completely no shame in
staring at someone. haha. At one point when we stopped to ask someone
a question, I looked around me and found a group of 20-25 people/kids
gathered around us, just staring. I just looked at them and said,
"Maraming kayo!" (There's a lot of you!) haha

I am learning about love. Loving my companion.
It's hard for me to try to remember how I was when I was still new, as
it was a painful, painful process for me to adjust to life here. My
companion is still very new and I'm realizing that I need to apply
better the principle of unconditional love.

The weeks are like small moments. I am stuck in the most unexplainable
time warp of my life.

bye.