20 June 2012

Jesus, son of Maria and Jose

We met a lovely new family with the last name, "Tolentino". We met them by accident while we were searching for another family with the last name of "Tolentino." A tricycle driver brought us their home, and they weren't the Tolentino we were looking for, but we ended up talking to them for a while and got their number. Yesterday, we visited them and they were extremely receptive. Wow. God is mysterious. The father of this family-his first name is 'Jesus'. His parents names are 'Maria'and 'Jose'(or Joseph in English.) Really strange. In regards to this, Sister Mafi said, "It is so weird in here! Anything impossible back home is possible here." haha. We also had a companionship exchange for a day. I went to Olongapo, and got to work there. We worked in an area that was in a more mountainous area. We were climbing stairs, wondering through small alleyways and crossing bamboo bridges. I felt like we were rats in a small maze. But, It was also extremely refreshing to get some insight from another companion/area, even for one day. I've been thinking about the concept of sacrifice. There was a talk give last general conference called, "Sacrifice" (I forgot just now who gave it...) that has been in my mind lately. Really interesting and I feel like I am better understanding the necessity of sacrifice to grow and obtain wisdom. Thank you for your pretty prayers for me.