28 May 2012

Nasa dagat ako. Nasa ulap ako.

This week has been incredibly eventful and we've had so many
experiences where after we met certain people, I think, " How did that
even happen? How did we even meet this person?"

On Friday, we went to St. Barbara and I had a few names of old
investigators from 3 years ago. We went to go buy a drink from a woman
who was selling food one the road and there I met an older woman,
named Rosita, who happened to know where each of those people lived.
She happily walked with us to show us where they lived and in turn,
she herself was excited to be able to meet with us on next friday.
Alma 36: 6-7 basically sums up our entire week.

I felt inspired to use the branch directory and this week, we were
able to meet with a part-member family who have potential to become
investigators. exciting.

I have been serving here in the Philippines for over 6 months and have
given my blood, my tears, and my sweat (mostly my sweat...)  for this
work. I feel like it would be appropriate to extend an invitation to
anyone who is reading this (especially, to my extended family) to
better understand the 'why' of me being here. It would be not enough
to only tell stories and beautiful experiences. I've met many people
who have formed their own ideas and constructs about what my religion
is, and I always feel like they fall short of the truth.
Any person who has respect for the Bible, will find the the Book of
Mormon to be a fascinating and beautiful read. In short, the Book of
Mormon is a way for you to better understand the why of me being here.
I'm personally inviting you ( as personal as an email can be...) to
read this book and in turn, better understand the why.


3 Ne 11:3
1 Cor. 10-1-4

With infinite love and respect and desire for understanding,

-Sister Vickers