21 May 2012

contilang.

I had the opportunity to skype my parents last week, and didn't send
out an email.

Our working week was shortened a few days. On Tuesday, Sister Lumanog
and I received the sudden news that we would be training, and left
immediately for the mission home. I am training Sister Mafi, who is
from Sopu, Kolomutu'a, Nuku'alofa, Tonga. My trainer was Tongan, and
so I'm sure that there are many things for me to learn from their
culture.

I went from being extremely unconfident in my language and teaching
ability, to being given nothing other than divine help and guidance as
we've worked this week. In my letter to my mission president, I told
him that although I felt a great responsibility, that this short week
with Sister Mafi has been an opportunity for me to increase in
confidence in my God- to not limit myself to my abilities alone as one
person, but to be a witness of divine help, and to teach beyond my own
abilities.

I've been able to continue to improve in the language this week and am
grateful for the opportunity to once again stretch myself. I found it
to be slightly ironic, that in my last letter, I talked about finally
being adjusted to mission life. I do believe this new change in my
mission is one of inspiration, and am feeling ready and excited to
help Sister Mafi become a successful missionary.

Tapat ko.
Linis ko.
Tapat mo.
Linis mo.

from a sign^^

bye.