08 May 2012

kilalang kilala

Kumustakumustakumustakumsdkfl,

As I started this email, I accidentally started to write it in
Tagalog, but I'm sure that you are all happy that I didn't continue.
We had a baptism on Saturday, and it was a beautiful day. Diana Santos
was baptized and she has been a longer investigator, but she was so
excited for her baptism.

I shared my testimony yesterday at church and everyone kept asking me
if I'm going to be transferred out of Lubao. The transfers are coming
up and we don't really know what will happen. There is a high chance
that we might get 2 more sisters back in Lubao, which means that I'll
most likely stay if that happens. If that doesn't happen, I'll most
likely be transferred. I've been in my first area for a long time. I
love love the people here and am feeling okay with whatever will
happen.

Even though having an american trainer was really the best thing for
me at the beginning of my mission to help with the adjustment, I am
feeling grateful for my companionship with Sister Lumanog as I've
continued to better understand the people here, from her odd
eccentricities and her amusing superstitious beliefs, to what is
considered humorous here.  I woke up Wednesday, or maybe Thursday
morning and realized that I finally felt adjusted to my mission.
Finally. Finally. I am approaching my halfway point , next month,
which feels very weird. I cannot explain how fast time feels here. I
wake up and then I'm asleep again in my bed. How does that happen?

Yesterday during a lesson, I was distracted by how gloriously
beautiful the clouds were in the sky. I couldn't stop looking up at
them! The thought occurred to me that however glorious and beautiful
the clouds are, the experience that we were having right then, with
these people, was infinitely more glorious and important.  Moses 1:39.
<< Work and glory.

Mahal na mahal ko kayo.

D &C 130:2—mmm

P.S. An adorable little snake got into our apartment and we didn't
realize it until Sister Lumanog was looking for the cell phone charger
and it was entwined in the charger. Cute.