29 January 2013

Be Clean.

Helllllll o,

I apologize for a shorter email this week. Transfer day was last week,
but there was no transfer in our companionship:) I am very happy about
this and really love working with Sister Ticzon. I am now in my last
transfer, which is actually 9 weeks instead of 6. They are changing
the transfer schedule because of the huge number of incoming
missionaries, so we have an extra long transfer now.

I got a stye in my eye last week and have a really nice looking new
boil on the underside of my right arm. I'm happy that the stye finally
found it's way out of my upper left eyelid. The boil is just gorgeous
though. (I could attempt to explain to you all how dirty it is here in
GuaGua, but maybe I'll try next time. People throw their trash
anywhere and everywhere, so it's really really unsanitary in some
areas. GuaGua has a huge problem with flooding during the rainy
seasons that is directly related to the rivers being blocked up with
garbage. And despite the ridiculous flooding, people are still not
doing anything different about their garbage. People are suffering
simply because of a lack of discipline in regards to where they decide
to place their garbage. That's life, I think. Sister Ticzon is also
having problems as well with her allergies because of the dust and
dirt here. )

This past week was incredible. We have many new investigators as well
as one new family that we're now teaching- the Bayang family. They
were a referral from a member here in GuaGua and have already come to
church which is exciting. We have a few investigators with a baptismal
date in February, so we are helping them prepare for that commitment.
:)

Sorry this is super short. Hopefully next week, I can send a more
'meaty' letter. You know what I mean.

Thank you all for your support and love.

-Sister Vickers