08 January 2013

"Hey Jude!"

This is a shorter email. My thoughts feel a bit jumbled right now:)

I'm starting the see the importance of continually being focused on my
mission here. I don't want to live another stage of my life, if I
haven't completely closed the one I'm currently in. (I'm starting to
have dreams about when I get back home. I don't know if they have any
sort of validity, but it's been a little weird for me. I had a dream
that I was in an Icelandic class at BYU and I still remember vaguely
what the professors looked liked in my dream. I'm realizing that I
have to be vigilant to keep my focus on this work.)

The importance of love and forgiveness have cycled back into my
thoughts. We had an interesting lesson last week with the Bacarro
family. They are less active in the church, and we watched a video on
lds.org about forgiveness. I was the only one who cried and even
thought I was embarrassed, I testified about the reality of
forgiveness. It's in many ways beyond ourselves. I have learned that
it is a spiritual gift of sorts. Sister Ticzon asked me afterwards why
I cried and my answer was a little mixed. I shared some experiences
from my childhood and some difficult things I experienced on my
mission. She told me that the lesson probably was meant more for me
than for the people we were teaching. I think she was probably right.
I love that. It seems like so often the 'teacher' learns more than the
'learner.' I am still learning and have much more to learn.

Ether 12:27

Kellie's Baptism. Our branch president didn't want to get in the
picture, so they took a candid shot. He's in the white shirt. :)













Jacquilyn and Richard at their wedding :) They were baptized after
their wedding.

















I almost forgot: I'm getting released as a missionary on March 26.
Also, my mother and I will be traveling a bit around the
Philippines/Hong Kong for about 10 days, so I'll be getting back
around April 5. This feels so weird to me, and bizarrely fast. I
mostly have mixed feelings about my mission ending. yikes.

I also forgot to mention one of our investigators who had some drug
addictions in the past. He told us that Heavenly Father's spirit went
to his stomach and lives there. This was an interesting conversation.

i love you. every one of you.