05 November 2012

"Come unto me all ye ends of the earth, buy milk and honey, without money and without price."


I attached a picture of some of the sister missionaries on transfer
day. It also happened to be halloween, so I decided to dress up like
my new companion, Sister Alazo.( I have my arm around her.) She is
from Bulacan, Central Luzon. She is incredible nice, even tempered,
considerate, and just a soothing person to be around. It feels like
we've been companions for a long time. I am grateful to re-apply
principles of unity in this new companionship. I noticed that my
stress has significantly decreased, even though I should be stressed
considering the state of our area. I think there are certain stresses
that I can handle better than others. I wrote in my journal, "When I'm
not happy, or when I'm struggling emotionally, creativity just stops.
I write less, create less. Happiness leads to a surge of creativity,
and of ideas." I've been able to process many things and am grateful
for the things that I have learned in the past 3 months. i.e. God is
alive. ALIVE.

I also got a joke from her that I've been using this whole week and
will probably use for the rest of my mission. Whenever people ask me
where I'm from, I usually say, "Sa America." ( in America) Now, I've
been telling people that I'm from Samar ( part of visayas) and they
are usually shocked by this. Then I add, " Sa America." ( Samar-Sa
America)
This is hilarious to filipinos (and to me) , so I don't have any plans
to stop using this joke.

Pilar split and we are assigned to Pilar 2. We have about 5
investigators in our area, two of which have a baptismal goal date.
We're planning on having a baptism on November 24. After that date, we
have very little to work from. We were given a new area book (the book
with the record of our investigators, members and other important
information about the area) so it's been fun to make new maps and
reorganize everything. Because we are really really lacking in
investigators in our area, we are going through the branch directory
and finding less-actives. It feels like a treasure hunt.

We met two less-active members in an area called Balut. They were
incredibly nice and receptive to us visiting them. We have return
appointments with them this next week and will hopefully be able to
work with these people to help them come back to reactivation as well
as search for new investigators in their families. We also met a lot
of people just out on the street, and I gave out all of the pamphlets
that I had. I know it was a successful day when I ran out of pamphlets
to give to people. That was one thing that I thought I would never get
over- talking to strangers on the street and inviting them to learn.
(I2L) Now, it's one of my favorite things to do. I used to hate the
fact that I get stared at a lot wherever I go, because of my gender,
race, and height. I decided a while back to start using that to get
people's attention and use that attention to teach them about this
beautiful, life-changing message. It's been successful, especially
this week.

I found out as well that Lubao, my first area, has a plan to create a
new branch in Lubao 2, which was the area that Sister Mafi and I
reopened. I couldn't believe this, and am so so excited about the
growth that is happening in Lubao and in Pilar. Also, Sister Mafi my
trainee, is now training a new missionary, so I have become a
'grandma' in the mission. : ) Life is fast and beautiful.

Byebye.


D&C 138: 17, 43, 50
^ If we understand the importance of our flesh, our body, maybe we
would be able to better understand certain commandments that we are
given in regards to our bodies.

----!Pinakamakapangyarihan ang Diyos!----