19 November 2012

little peace

This week has been full of new faces. We are literally going through
our directory and searching for members. It has been surprisingly
fruitful. I can't keep track of all these new names and faces and I'm
always asking Sister Alazo, 'Who is this person? Where do they live?"

We have a new investigator who has a really great story about his
tattoos. He married a girl named, 'Paz,' and he thought her full name
was 'Pacita,' and decided to tattoo her name on his arm. He later
found out that her full name wasn't 'Pacita,' and that it was
actually just 'Paz' so he got another tattoo on his other arm with the
words, 'Paz.' He's catholic and also has about 4 tattoos of Mary on
his body. Nice guy.

We also attended a member's birthday party and was pleasantly surpised
to find out that the special musical number included about 15 old
woman dressed up in Hula costumes (bra + skirt) and had choreographed
a dance. Words do not describe this... :)

I've been a little sick this past week with a cold. Good news about my
former boil: it went away with antibiotics but then decided to grow
legs and then plant itself in my abdomen.
Sitting/walking/eating/breathing has been interesting this past week.

I've been reading out of a manual, 'The Gospel and the Productive
Life,' and have found it to be interesting. I want to include
something that I found to be interesting about spiritual gifts. I
often feel very inadequate and found this to be insightful. Maybe
there are some of you that feel the same way. This is from Marvin J.
Ashton:

" Taken at random, let me mention a few gifts that are not always
evident or noteworthy or noteworthy but that are very important....

The gift of asking; the gift of listening; the gift of hearing and
using a still small voice; the gift of being able to weep; the gift of
avoiding contention; the gift of being agreeable; the gift of avoiding
vain repetition; the gift of seeking that which is righteous; the gift
of not passing judgment; the gift of looking to God for guidance; the
gift of being disciple; the gift of caring for others; the gift of
being able to ponder; the gift of offering prayer; the gift of bearing
a mighty testimony; and the gift of receiving the Holy Ghost."

I thought of a few more gifts: the gift of discernment of feelings and
thoughts of others, the gift of awareness of self and others; gift of
ability to comfort others.

There are probably thousands more, but for some reason I was drawn to
the idea of 'spiritual gifts' that aren't well known or discussed.

D&C 46:11-12 -"all may be profited thereby." (DONT BE SHY.)

Have a lovely thanksgiving and please give a sincere 'thank you' to
God, most of all.

JessLI: thank you! thank you! CalArt-Get it girl. I'm visiting you in
Santa Clarita maybe next summer. I should've probably asked before I
invited myself...