13 August 2012

Soul moving

Hello,

This week has been short as we moved into a different apartment.
Things have been a little frantic. I have a new companion, Sister
Lacanaria from Iligan City, Mindanao. My head feels way too full of
______, so I apologize for the shorter email today.

Our apartment flooded before we moved out. I thankfully didn't have
too much ruined. Our street was completely flooded for a few days and
our landlord said it was the first time that it's flooded like that in
Pilar. I forgot my camera right now, but we had the most lovely
opportunity to wade through waist deep water on our way home last
Monday. It was a little chaotic and a lot of people had to leave their
homes. We weren't able to work for a few days because of the flooding.
I ATE my words last week in regards to rainy season. ATE MY WORDS. ha.

Our investigator Anna is progressing, which is extremely exciting. She
will probably be baptized in September. She is so fun to teach. She
has a ton of questions, which makes teaching so fun.Eventually my
response to her questions will come to the point where I say, "That's
a great question. I don't know the answer." She's come up with
questions that I've never even thought of. I've told her to keep
asking questions, because there are a lot of answers when we ask. She
is 15 years old and has such a strong desire to learn. It's people
like this that make my mission enjoyable.

I am requesting special prayers from all of you, these next upcoming
few weeks. ( My new companion has a reputation in the mission for
being difficult... I'm not quite sure how to handle this transfer.)

I'm sending some Filipino love to you all.

-Sister Vickers