27 August 2012

Himala

Hello!

I hope you are all doing well.

I was thinking about something that Sister T (my trainer) asked me
during a companionship exchange a few weeks ago. She asked me what I
wanted to get out of my mission. I mentioned a few things, but
expressed to her my desire to become converted to the gospel. Not in a
superficial sort of way or " I served a mission for my church and I
know it's true," but to spiritually gain knowledge that will sink deep
deep deep inside of me--Knowledge about Jesus Christ and about my
Creator.

"Seek Learning by Faith" by David Bednar----This is a talk that I've
read several times and feel like it is maybe an answer to my request
to understand the process of gaining spiritual knowledge. Really
great.

David Bednar is speaking on Wednesday at our mission. I asked my
mission president if I could meet him. I'm not sure if that'll happen,
but I would love to be able to sit and talk with him for a few minutes
and ask him a few questions.

This week I witnessed a miracle. In a non-dramatic sort of way (Maybe
it is dramatic?) , I've witnessed a miracle. After a very long
conversation, my companion opened up to me about a lot of issues in
her life.

I wrote in my journal, " I was shocked to be watching this small girl,
that I was previously afraid of, sitting at my side, crying and
admitting her faults and this facade that she shows people. I
couldn't explain my feeling. Is this really happening? This well-known
difficult companion is actually a softie at heart and is struggling
with some self-esteem issues here on the mission. She's never been
close to any of her companions or been able to show her 'real self' to
her companions. I told her that I loved her."

Our companionship has a new feeling. This is hard to describe. We've
become open and have really started to become friends. I can't explain
the change that has taken place. It feels like we've never struggled
before. It feels natural. Hard to explain. I'm thankful.

picture- our food saturday night. chicken feet (called 'adidas.' haha)
and chicken head

other picture- the cockroaches we killed in our apartment. HI.


LOVEYOUALL.
ingatkayo.


P.S. Kyoo- Thank you for your DearElders! If I don't reply, just keep
writing and I'll eventually be able to reply.