20 August 2012

"a little reviving in our bondage"

FAM/FRIENDS,

I have attached a few pictures of our transfer day 1.5 weeks ago. Best
transfer day. EVER.

We are teaching several of those kids in that picture that I sent a
few weeks ago. ( >>Grandma with 15 grandchildren in one home<<) I love
seeing them. They are the most dirty, loud children I have ever met
and it is so fulfilling to be with them. They love coming to church.
It's pretty great to see all of them running into the church with
clean clothes and faces, yelling my name. best.

Our branch is probably going to move into a larger building within the
next few years! The building we have now is tiny with the bathrooms
not connected to the church and the baptismal font outside. OUTSIDE.
We are trying to keep the attendance up so that this will happen here
in Pilar. very exciting.

Earlier this week, I was feeling discouraged, and I felt like I should
go and pick out a 'Liahona,' a magazine from the church. I was
surprised/not really surprised, to read a few articles in the April
2012 issue about 'grace.' My thoughts went round and round. I was
pleasantly surprised and my thoughts went back to my first few weeks
when I was in the MTC when I studied 'grace' every day for at least a
week until I was semi-satisfied. But, there seems to be a profound
difference in studying about something verses having it become
embedded.

"It is likewise through the grace of the Lord that
individuals...receive strength and assistance to do good works that
they otherwise would not be able to maintain if left to their own
means. This grace is an enabling power."

I can't express how many times on my mission, I have felt defeated in
regards to my weaknesses and shortcomings. My Glorious Creator has
given me grace to overcome and to continue in this work- to continue
to bless and love those I meet.

update on my companionship: I have humbled myself to the ground and
that has proved to be successful in creating a peaceful relationship
in regards to my new companion. There is a balance between standing
firm in certain situations and giving in to the things that don't
matter.

I am learning. This is exciting.

"No man is an island"<<Can someone tell me more about this? Where did
this come from?
Ezra 9:8----R.E.V.I.V.I.N.G.