07 July 2012

"My boss is a jewish carpenter"

(Sorry this is so late. I've been on vacation and moving.)


That was a bumper sticker on someone's car and I thought it was mildly
thought provoking.

I am transferred to my second area- Pilar, Bataan. Deep deep tagalog.
I am having some trouble understanding people.

I miss terribly the members and my investigators in Lubao, but trust
that they will continue in their learning with different missionaries.

I am excited for the challenge though to continue to improve in my
language skills. It's been interesting to see how step by step, God
has given me opportunities to improve in my language skills, with each
subsequent transfer. I am not training anymore but am follow-up
training Sister Pamogas, from Cagayan de Oro. She is only 2 transfers
in to the mission and is very very straightforward and bold with
people. We have very different teaching styles, so our lessons have
been interesting. I'm realizing how important it is to first love
someone. It's easier to point out people's faults and is significantly
harder to just love them and let them improve on their own pace and
learn how they want to learn.

I ate frog last week. I have more plans for future eating and will
update you all as soon they occur. : )

As part of the cyclical nature of my life, I am reviewing and
restudying the concept of 'faith.' I feel like I lack faith and have a
desire to deepen my faith and understanding of 'faith' and why 'faith'
is the substance by which this work is governed.

Mosiah 5: 30


Ever growing/loving,

Daniele



The pig is so cute.

Frog.

Picture of outside our apartment. Fruit!

Crab. in Lubao. He wanted to give me a hug, but I told him, "Sorry,
maybe next time."