18 July 2012

mga kapatid na babae & mga kapatid na lalaki,

On Wednesday, while it was raining, we were hiking/walking to a
member's home and after several times of almost slipping, I decided to
take off my shoes and walk barefoot. The proceeding 30 minutes was a
joyous experience. My feet came alive! Raw and muddy. I was happy to
reconnect with dirt if even for a little while.


This week I ate fried horse and goat calderetta.


We had a zone conference that was almost overwhelming in the sense
that I still have not processed everything that was said. Elder
Michael Teh (google him if you want) came and graced us with a lovely
experience of learning and thinking. We all were asked to come to the
meeting, fasting. Many things entered my thoughts and will hopefully
be able to continue to understand the principle of 'fasting.'


There were some little girls who asked me during a lesson which soap I
used on my body. In the Philippines, there are a lot of whitening
soaps because everyone wants to be whiter. She was a little taken back
when I told her that I was naturally like this. Haha. She asked me if
I wore eye contacts and was also surprised when I told her that I
don't wear eye contacts to make my eyes blue. (People ask me this at
least 3-4 times a week. ha)


I bought kiwi fruit last week at a supermarket in Balanga (which was
imported) and it was Sister Pamogas' first time to try kiwi. She
thought the skin looked liked the 'skin of a monkey.' Haha.


On Sunday before we taught a lesson, some members cut off a large
piece of sugar cane by their home and we all got a small piece to suck
the life out of it. Sweeeet.


We are very close to the ocean and something inside of me has started
to reawaken. WOWOW. I'm not sure if it's the familiarity of large
bodies of water, or if it's just exciting to me that I feel like we're
at the end of land and I can't see where the water ends.


I've also noticed that this transfer, I've been able to recover from
my stressful last transfer. High amounts of stress make me feel like a
different person, and I feel like my normal state of mind has
returned.


Continuing in faith,


Sister Vickers



Photos:

A large animal that somehow entered our apartment

A house of a newly baptized member (lovely!)

Mt. Samat/Clouds

Our shower : ) ( do not be fooled by that expensive looking shower
head, which does not work)



Joshua 3: 7, 13-17 ----- oh my! Think about this!


2 Ne 2: 14,16, 27