18 July 2012

Flesh.

(Daniele's sister here...sorry for the delay. I haven't had internet for 2 weeks and have been on vacation.  Sorry! This post is the most recent one from Sunday the 15th of July)

I am reminded of the fragility of my flesh which God has given me. I
am grateful for this experience to increase my ability to empathize
with other people who are in a state of suffering. This week has been
full of a multitude of tears and prayers.

I got a boil on my left lower leg which has subsequently caused
swelling in my foot, which means that I am basically confined to a
bed/small amounts of walking only.

After I showed some members the 'insect bite' that i thought I had on
my leg, they told me that it wasn't an insect bite, but 'pigsa,' which
is such an awful and terrible word to fit what it describes. Even 60
years from now, if I have forgotten all of my Tagalog, I will never
forget, 'pigsa.'

They told me that there was an easier remedy than going to the
hospital and getting my boil cut out. I could have someone just
squeeze 'the eye' out for me and then I should be good. They told me
it would hurt. They were right. It took my friend Lhordy, 3 times to
relieve all of the insides of the boil and each time she went at it, I
buried my face in a pillow because of the exquisite pain.

We went to the hospital the next day, and they gave me anti-biotics
which they said would get rid of any infection that is still left. My
mission president is dropping off crutches for me to increase my
mobility, which I'm extremely reluctant to use in public as I already
feel like a public spectacle just by being white and tall. : )

To be truthful, I've been grateful for the time to think and be still
for the first time in 9 months. I don't believe it is an accident that
God in infinite wisdom, has given me this precious time to be still,
to rest and to think.

"All these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good. "
D&C 122:7

I do believe this ^^

Faith is become more real and more real to me.

Naka-pigsa sa kama ko,

Sister Vickers