25 March 2013

"Lights Will Guide You Home"

We are now in Olongapo at the mission home.This morning, I woke up in
an air conditioned room, took a shower with hot water, and washed my
clothes in a washing machine. It all felt really weird to me. (This
morning, I taught the filiipinos that were leaving, how to use a
washing machine and dryer. ) :)

I am strangely calm. I am not nervous or scared to leave. There are
plenty of people that I will miss terribly, but I am anxious to see my
family and friends. I am ready and content with what I've done and
with where I'm going after my mission.

I've also noticed that memories of my life have been flashing back to
me this past week, especially. It was during my personal study last
week, when I just starting singing, 'Fix You.' I thought I had
forgotten the words to that song, but it strangely and surprisingly
came back. My mouth knew it, even though my head didn't.

I feel satisfied. I am happy. I completed my work here. I've finished
the hardest thing I've ever done in my entire life. I've come out full
of sicknesses, experiences, scars, but most of all, I've come out full
of faith. Before my mission, I lacked faith.

I just want to say this the simplest way I can: I love Jesus. He lives
and it is a beautifully simple truth.

love you all.