19 March 2013

I have a cup that is running over.

Hello,

I don't know what to say right now.

1 Corinthians 13:12

I have around 15-20 boils on my body now. If it wasn't for this, I
would be more conflicted in my feelings regarding coming home. My body
is begging for rest and in that sense, I am anxious to return to my
normal, healthy state of being.

I wrote in my journal yesterday, "I realized that it may be possible
to endure something if it is for someone else-maybe ideally out of
love. I may never do the things I'm doing or suffer the things I'm
suffering, if it was for myself only. I mean- if I had no love or no
vision of the effect of this work. I would never do it. I wouldn't
suffer it, but once I love someone, once I desire their happiness,
then and only then, I find strength to continue and often times to
continue suffering." Life is more harsh and yet more beautiful because
of it's oppositions.

We had a district conference yesterday in Lubao and Elder Misalucha
spoke. I learned things that I've never noticed before about the
sacrament.
(2 Ne 2:7 3 Ne 9:20 Ether 4:15)

I also saw the members from Lubao, and said goodbye to them. I almost
started to cry when I said goodbye to my former branch president in
Lubao, President Juco. He thanked me for my work in Lubao, and I
thanked him as well. It was a beautiful thing to come back to my first
area and see the changes and the progress there. I saw some of my old
investigators that have since been baptized. I saw a less active man
who we taught, and who has since returned into activity. It's
incredible.

I'm overwhelmed by the experiences that my God has given me. I am
forever grateful for my time here and at the same time am anxious to
go home, and be better equipped to love and serve those around me. I
don't want that to sound cheesy or self-righteous, but I am excited to
use and apply the things I've learned to my life, school, and with my
family and friends.

I better understand the idea of 'conversion to the gospel.' I know
that this it is a life-long process to be able to just retain the
faith we have and at the same time, to push towards becoming more
'holy', more 'unspotted from the world.' (James 1:27) I have a long
ways to go.

I am overwhelmed with a pure gratitude to my God. I can't express
everything that I would love to express.

I love you all. Thank you for your support during this 18 month journey.

Have faith. Even if you don't have any faith, start moving.Start seeking.

--Sister Daniele Vickers