11 March 2013

Hell is a Deep Sleep

This is something that pierced my brain a few days ago. Maybe hell is
ignorance or is maybe just a lack of awareness-a lack of light.

On a lighter note, the phrase, "It's hotter than hell," has much more
meaning for me now. It actually may be an accurate statement to say
that GuaGua is hotter than hell. From morning until evening, I am
soaked in my own sweat.

The most exciting news this week is that Elsa Yambao was baptized! Her
son, Eric John baptized her. : ) This is a picture of the four of us.

We found out that our area will become two areas, and that there will
soon be four missionaries here in GuaGua. Our mission president has
approved the new apartment that we found and we will be moving this
Thursday/Friday. We are preparing the new apartment, area books, etc.
for the new missionaries. I am really really happy about this. GuaGua
is such a huge area and the work will continue to progress even faster
when there are four missionaries here.

I got a letter from a dear friend this week and it reminded me of the
beauty of experiencing pain and then witnessing the miracle of
healing. In the pile of fortune cookie fortunes that he sent, I found
one that seemed appropriate, especially amid witnessing the physical
weaknesses of my body (and spirit) : Time Heals All Wounds.

(thank you EB!)

Despite feeling only slightly inclined to really describe what I'm
feeling, I think I'll hold off until I can properly process what it is
that I'm feeling. I have 13 days until I leave my area and return to
our Mission Home in Olongapo. 14 days and then I see my mom. 25 days
and then we're landing in Portland.

A splitting of the brain may be the best way to describe what I'm feeling.

WELL, SEE YOU ALL SOON.

-Sister DV

2 Ne 1:13-14