21 October 2011

wandering from a more exalted sphere

This week has gone by very quickly. Tagalog is coming along and I'm understanding it much better. Speaking comes a bit slower though.

We heard from Richard G. Scott during our devotional last Tuesday. I was grateful for the opportunity to hear from him in a smaller setting than general conference, where their talk has to apply or mostly apply to 12+ million members. His sincerity is profound. It reminded me of Jeffrey Holland.

Sometimes I feel like as a church, we could be better about being a little more sincere when speaking about religion or even other topics. I never understood the need to pretend to be a certain way when speaking. Richard G. Scott got back up after we sung our closing hymn and said very slow and very profound, " I love you.... Not hope, not wish, I know that Christ lives."

It took me back a little. I appreciated and adored his sincerity. He also talked about always having the ability the write ideas down or impressions down that we receive.

I have even more questions than I ever have. I don't have enough time to fully explore them how I'd like, but such is life. I'm having faith that they can get answered. Step by step. Line upon line.
 I'm doing well and I'm finding joy. There are some difficult moments of doubt, but on the whole, I feel like I'm progressing.

Nice story--- The other day I was feeling really confused and unsure about a lot of things. I was at lunch and I prayed for more faith along with other things. Later on, 3 missionaries were sitting across from me and starting practicing a song in Samoan. It was overwhelmingly beautiful and I found it to be such an unexpected source of strength.

 (I miss making/talking about/viewing art!)

I love you all dearly and I love all of your letters!

Ether 12:27