23 April 2012

The GREAT I AM

I briefly revisited some favorite passages of mine from the old/new testament that I would like to share. ( I got so excited about them all over again.)

Exodus 16: 9-21 (There really is so much to learn from here. So. much. Please send me your thoughts on this if any of you feel so inclined.)
Exodus 13:21-22 (Ether 2:4-5)
Exodus 3:11-15 (existence! = I am!)
Matthew 9:10-13 

This week I got very sick. I had the lovely opportunity of vomiting on the side of the road immediately after an appointment. It was all too exciting and the ride home in a barangay patrol vehicle was a trip. It was a trip. 

I've realized that I am basically a different person when I am speaking Tagalog. The language/culture doesn't really allow me to say what I would like to say. It's not only that I don't know how to express certain things yet, but that the things that I would want to express aren't relevant to most people here or they aren't normal things to say here. I'm not describing the situation very well, but the culture is very very different-including conversation topics. For people who have served foreign missions: Do you relate to this?

I am learning a lot from Sister Lumanog. I am learning a lot about the culture first-hand from her. (Sometimes good, sometimes not.ha) We've started to speak English every other day in the house, as she wants to learn English. I'm finding it harder than I anticipated to speak English with her. When speaking, my English is getting a little rough...

I'm not really sure who all is reading my blog, but if you feel like we are close enough friends, I am curious about what each of your thoughts are on 'spiritual knowledge.' Please send me a letter if you would like. 

Walang hanggan ang pagmamahal ng Diyos.