11 November 2011

One Great Whole

PPPS. I leave November 28, and I should get my travel plans in 6 days! Yes!


Hi everyone,
 
This week has been dramatically better than last week. I was able to meet with my branch president. We talked for an hour and a half, about questions I've had about a few things. I was surprised by his perceptive qualities as well as his sensitivity to my needs. He has wondered and struggled with similar questions as I have. "Ask and ye shall receive, knock and it shall be opened unto you."  amen. amen. amen.
 
My migraines have subsided. I only have a cold, and even though i've been sick most of this week, I feel emotionally much better and somehow strangely stronger than before- a definite gift from God.
 
I am often so so impatient when it comes to wanting to know the answers to my questions and wanting to see it now. I'm finding that spiritual knowledge requires spiritual awareness. That awareness is beyond physical sight, sound, touch, etc. It's a bit more difficult than that. When I feel like I lack strength, I go back to the things that I can definitely know and talk about in a physical sense. For me, it can be hard to listen to that other side- to remind myself of things that resonate internally, despite a lack of physical evidence. I still have questions. Many are in the process of getting answered, and some may take time. Child-like faith is required. That used to be easier for me, even in high school.
 
Tagalog is going well. I am very grateful for my experience, living in Ecuador last summer. I'm semi-familiar with the process of acculmating a language and becoming conversational. ( I was far from being fluent in Spanish, but I was happy with being conversational with people.) I'm grateful that I don't feel stressed about the language. I feel okay about it. I'm getting more comfortable speaking. In the Philippines, I'm sure the first few months will be pretty stressful with the language, but it'll come, only because it has to and I won't really have other options for communicating. : )
 
The other day I met a missionary who was from Iceland. My friend and I went up to him and talked for a few minutes in the cafeteria. I was so excited to talk to him and I said several times, " I just love your country!"  He spoke some icelandic for us, which was beautiful, by the way. He also mentioned that they might be adding another ward in Iceland. Pretty exciting.
 
 
Five fish fight no light, despite their might! (Luke 5)
 
Isaiah 58:10- This was so poignant for me!
 
 
I love you all,
 
Sister Vickers
 
 
 
PS. Katja-I got your letter. SO gutsy. so proud.
 
Melissa- Columbus Day= best day on your calendar ( I didn't know if I had anything this week, so I didn't check.)
 
Tian-  #2. I'll be sending another letter soon! Thank you for your words : )
 
 
 
PPS. If anyone reading this knows Christine Armbruster, tell her that things keep reminding me of her and for her to write me if she can: )